Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Followers

Google +

Grab My Button

First with Franklin

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Classroom Theme

I have never had a classroom theme before, but I decided that I wanted one this year.  I have seen so many super cute, creative ideas from fellow bloggers and thought I need to do that!  After hours of blog stalking and Pinterest searching, I finally settled on my theme.  It is *drumroll please*...... .... ... 1st Grade Rocks!  I am going full out rockstar for this year.  I am so excited about it! Today I spent some time in the Dollar Tree (my all-time favorite classroom store) and Walmart.  It's probably a good thing that the closest Target is an hour away because I would be totally broke all the time.  Anyway, I found some cute things that I am excited to get started on.  I found some great inspiration from Abby's ideas on The Inspired Apple.   I love her idea for the R.O.C.K.S.  binder, so I came up with a cute acronym for my take-home folders.  
I am going to use R.O.C.K.S.T.A.R. Folders (Really Organized Children Keep Stuff Together And Ready).  I made these labels to go with them.  




Isn't this clipart the cutest?  I got it from Digi Web Studio for only $1!  I plan on using it for a lot of my classroom decorations this year.  There are two other kids and a guitar clipart with the set.  If you would like a copy of the folder labels, just go here and grab them!  I plan on printing them at Staples (their printers are just so much better!), then laminating them and attaching them to the folders.  You could also print it on sticker paper and attach it right to the folder.  


While at the Dollar Store and Walmart, I picked up several other goodies that I'm excited to get started playing with- hopefully I will have some good pictures soon.  I have an awesome idea for a bulletin board and I'm hoping I can make the reality look as cool as it does in my head!  Stay tuned!!!!


Do you have a classroom theme?  If so, I would love to hear what you have planned!Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am doing a zebra print (black and white) theme. It is also going to be new so I have been working on creating things for it.

    APril
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that will be cute! Have you seen the zebra print duct tape? I bought some pink and black at Walmart, but they also had b&w.

      Delete
  2. I have a sports theme (and have had it for two years). I'm updating some things this year and excited to make some of the projects I've seen to fit my theme. Our binder is the TEAM Playbook - Together Everyone Achieves More. :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! The Dollar Tree near me had some cute foam baseballs cutouts- they even had red stitching printed on them. Although I've never really had a real classroom theme I've always used a lot of paw print stuff because we're the Wildcats.

      Delete