Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Followers

Google +

Grab My Button

First with Franklin

Monday, July 16, 2012

Walmart, Dollar Tree & "Like" Me

Hey all!  I just went on a quick little trip to Walmart to check out what they have ready for back to school time.  I haven't bought my normal supply of glue sticks, crayons, etc. yet, but I did find some super cute stuff!  Almost everything you see here was only $.88!!! Can you believe that?? I believe I paid $ .97 for the packs of neon pencils, but if my memory is correct everything else was just $ .88!  I love a good bargain!  

  
After all the cute stuff I found at Walmart, I decided to run by the Dollar Tree to see if they had anything new.  I found a cool Birthday button for students to wear on their special day, some little bins that I plan on using to store our crayons, and some lacing string that I'm either going to use with my backstage passes or for bead spelling.  I haven't decided yet.  I was also happy to see that they had these baskets in stock:
I plan on using these for our book bins for Daily 5.  I really want to order the cute, colorful bins from Really Good Stuff, but I just can't afford them- we don't get that much money for classroom purchases. I used my own money for all of these things and I can't afford to spend another $90 on tubs.  So these will have to do!  I plan on making some really cute name tags (with a rock star theme) to go along with them.  

And would you look at these??? I always do a cool getting-to-know-you activity the first few weeks of school that I normally call "Star of the Day" (this year, of course, it will be "Rockstar of the Day!".  I take each students picture on their special day and I have star-shaped glasses they can choose from- well look at these.  I was so stinking excited to find guitar shaped glasses... now we will really look the part, right?!?!

 And look at these cool necklaces.  I think I'm going to give one to the "Rockstar of the Day".  I'm so starting to get the in the back-to-school mood now.  Shopping can make me look forward to almost anything! haha

Now, I'm stumped.  My wonderful mother saved these little envelopes from the trash at work.  (I'm pretty sure my hoarding tendencies come from her. hehe)  I hate to throw away perfectly good things and she knows it, so she thought I could come up with a way to use them at school.  Now I'm determined I'm going to think of something really cool to do with them.  They are gift card sized with a window in the front.  The flap on the back says 
To:
From:
Amount:

I'm thinking I can cover that up with a cute stick or something.  If I can't think of something totally cool and creative, I'm sure my little darlings will love using them in the writing center.  What would you do with them?  Did I mention that I have a ton of them?  Seriously, 800..... what in the world am I thinking?   I think I'm going to have to share!  If anyone has a really great idea for them, please, please share it with me!!  Thanks so much!  
 To show the see-through window:

***************

I finally made a Facebook page for my blog.  Please "Like" me!  You can like my Facebook page by clicking here to visit my page and then hit "Like".  Thanks so much!  :)  Leave me a comment if you have a Facebook page for your blog and I will head right over and like you back!  :)

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I've used those baskets for my Daily 5 for 3 years -- haven't had to replace one yet! Just put a new label on every fall -- love the new pink, but I already have enough blue, yellow, and green now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know! I was a little worried about whether they would be sturdy enough. I wanted yellow, but our store didn't have any of those.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. I am loving Walmart's 88 cent school supplies!! What a deal! I love the glasses that you found at the Dollar Tree. I saw those today & now the more I think about it, the more I want to go back & get them. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them!! One of my teaching friends is doing her room in a pirate theme this year and I've found some cute Pirate stuff there for her. Love the Dollar Tree!

      Delete
  4. Those could be great tooth keepsakes! You could make a cute little card to slide in there... maybe a tiny letter to the tooth fairy, with some glitter and the tooth?

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I LOVE that idea! Thanks for the great idea.

      Delete