I have included the basic set of directions, but I like to give the students other hints while we do these in class. Here are some ways that I give hints.
- Color the number that comes after ____.
- Color the number that is one less than ____.
- Color the number that is 10 more/less than ____.
- Color the number that is between ____ and ____.
- ____+_____= the number you should color. (especially with facts we're working on at the time)
- Color the number that has a ___ in the tens place, and ____ in the ones place.
I hope to make the packet bigger later on and include some of these ways of giving hints. I always do these as a whole group activity and normally I pull up a blank 120 sheet and we color along on the SmartBoard. This really helps the visual learners.
I like to make the students fill out a blank 120 chart the day before we do this activity- it's a great way to kill two birds, so to speak. Let me know if you enjoy them!
Also, if you enjoy the Shabby Apple I have a great coupon code for you- 10% off any purchase! Yay! If you haven't heard of them, you should check them out! Just look at these adorable styles- I want them all.
I especially love the beachcomber and the Harlem Moves necklace. You can save with this code: favorite10.
But hurry... it's only good until September 14. Happy shopping. If you purchase anything be sure to share pictures with me- I can't wait to get some stuff!Pin It